Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh, by the way . . . we live in PHILLY!

A few days before we moved from Atlanta to Philadelphia, my camera broke. No idea how. Seriously. The kids didn't throw it onto the concrete (like my phone). I didn't drop it into a poopy toilet as I was trying to help Luke wipe his bum (like my phone!!!!!! ew!!!!). It just died. RIP, good buddy. RIP.

SO . . . the extent of my pictures from our first 4 months in Philly have been a few from friends and family and a few from the O-L-D camera we resurrected out of sheer desperation. So, after gathering a few - I'm playing catch up. Here are our first adventures in the new place:

GRATEFULLY, two days after we moved to PA, some of our very best friends from GA, the Campbells, were up our way and visited us. It definitely made the transition a little bit easier for all of us. We were tourists together in our new city. We spent a day visiting a few of the MANY historic sights up here. What says Philadelphia more than the Liberty Bell? Nothing. SO, here we are!


Here I am TRYING to explain to Luke the significance of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Washington Square . . . unfortunately he was a little preoccupied with playing tag with the girls and finding a place to go pee pee . . . huh. At least we'll be here awhile.  :)


Okay, so after historic sights - the first thing most people think of in Philly is a Cheesesteak. So . . . here we are enjoying our first one at the famous Jim's Steaks in Center City. Despite my skepticism, it was fantastic! Even "Whiz with!" ( In other words, "Yes, please, I would like my sandwich to have that gourmet stuff known as Cheez Whiz on it." )


I liked it enough I was even stealing a bit of Jacob's after mine was gone (even though it was his birthday!)  . . . mmmmm . . .


And - another sure sign you are a tourist or new to Philly? You know we ran up the "Rocky Steps" at the Phila. Museum of Art! "Yo Adrian!" Ha!

The boys were just so happy to see familiar faces in a very unfamiliar place.





Thank heaven for our friends.

2 comments:

  1. What an adventure! I've only been to Philly once, but it is a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the photos of luke with the campbell girls

    ReplyDelete