Monday, December 6, 2010

NYC Anniversary Trip


Our 6th anniversary was Nov. 19 and we spent it on a 36 hour getaway from the boys in NYC! 
It was fantastic! (and only the 2nd time EVER leaving them overnight!)
Again, my father-in-law hooked us up with an amazing hotel deal - 
which definitely made it even sweeter!
This was the view from our room in Soho.


Of course there were little pleasures of vacation: like Jacob knowing that I wouldn't freak out that his shoes were on the comforter - like I would most assuredly do at home! :)


Since my kids weren't there, I actually got to enjoy my camera a little more artistically (something I NEVER do when they are with me! Because, honestly, what mom doesn't want to snap those cute pics of their kiddos? And - if you're like me - that's about all I have time for!)



This was a really cool shop in Soho. We loved the AMAZING clothes inside too. (Too bad the prices were out of this world insane. . . ) I got a little carried away with their decor though . . . 




These real, old school sewing machines reminded me of my grandma.



Spools! Who doesn't love a great spool? Ha!


Eating at Lombardi's! 
The first (and arguably the most famous) Pizzeria in the U.S! 
Fantastico!
(Have I mentioned my obsession with all things Italy and that I WILL be bi-lingual in Italian before I die? :)


We also saw Mariah Carey singing in Rockefeller Center for free, ate the BEST Chinese food of my life at Szechwan Gourmet in the Garment District, shopped Canal Street and TRIED to get banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery, but since they were sold out had to settle for a red velvet cupcake, listened to Live AMAZING Jazz music at midnight and went to a Musical Theater open mic at 1am. Oh yeah, you KNOW I sang! So funny!


Saying goodbye to the city once again. Till next time . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Kami, got your Christmas card and am loving the blog. You guys have some great adventures :) Be sure and check my blog if you want. It's julianaks.blogspot.com. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete