Monday, June 20, 2011

The "Tee Ball Bells!"

I'm going to be playing BIG TIME catch up - and maybe I'll get tired of it and skip it, but for now - this was from about 6 weeks ago . . .

The very first day of Luke's T-Ball practice, we heard the Jenkintown church bells as we walked to practice. They ring every evening at 6pm. I told the boys that the ringing meant that it was time for T-Ball to start. Miles grabbed on to that tiny piece of info. EVERY SINGLE DAY he tells me, "Time for T-Ball!!!" when he hears the bells. When I explained that we don't go EVERY day, he started posing the statement more as a question: "Time for T-Ball?!?!" Since we only go once - maybe twice - a week, the answer is usually no. 
Yesterday the boys were exhausted and Miles hadn't even had a nap, so I bathed them EARLY (5:30) and got them in jammies. I wanted to be doing story time by 6:30. I was just about to put dinner on the table when the bells started ringing. This time, it was me who screamed: 
"Ahhh! It's the T-Ball bells! We HAVE T-Ball tonight and mommy forgot! Run upstairs, take off your jammies, get your baseball clothes on! Run!"
Oh, I'm thankful for those bells.
(Even though it meant Luke really ended up needing another bath!)

No comments:

Post a Comment