Monday, August 27, 2012

New York City Getaway - Day #1

Lately, I have been unable to keep up with blogging. SO . . .

In April, Jacob and I did something completely new for us - 
we actually took a vacation without the boys!

My best friend / roommate from BYU and her husband left their 3 kids in Reno and met us in New York City for 3 jam - packed days of fun.

We arrived in the city JUST in time to get free tickets to see David Letterman.
(We were both literally RUNNING through the city to get there in time because we were each unable to leave Philly any earlier. We were quite the sight, I'm sure!)

Our taping was on Letterman's birthday. 
We got to see Julia Louise - Dryfuss, a NY comedian and Bonnie Raitt! Yeah! (I love her.)


After the taping, we ran to TKTS to see if we could get any last minute cheap tickets to a show - and we did. We found really inexpensive tickets to Matthew Broderick and Kelli O'Hara's new show,
Nice Work If You Can Get It.


Here is my piece about this show: 
Broderick was truly hilarious and O'Hara is a fantastic singer/actress. It was all Gershwin music - so, you clearly can't go wrong there. The choreography was good, but the plot was weak. I was only glad we saw the show to see the two stars in action. They made the show worth it for me.



After, we ate the only good thing we could find - Halal Guys cart food. Oh yeah! 
More of that to come . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment