Thursday, July 2, 2009

Utah!

My dear friend, Jason, gave us the perfect excuse for a trip to Utah - his wedding! So. . .the boys and I flew from Florida - alone - and met my mom there. It was an adventure traveling with them by myself, but gratefully not a nightmare. We got to spend time with my sister, Lindsey, at BYU, my in-laws (though mom-in-law had sadly just badly broken her leg while hiking) and old childhood friends. It was fantastic to reconnect with these people I love so much!We went on a fun hike to Cascade Springs one afternoon and both boys LOVED it!


On the way up, we stopped for a photo. Luke was walking Lindsey's dog, Cliff (or "Cliffy" as Luke says) and the dog peed. Apparently, Luke observed the dog's process carefully, because when I asked him to try and go in the grass (he is newly potty-trained and I wanted NO accidents in the mountains. . .) he eagerly agreed and lifted his leg like Cliffy did! Ha!

I was amazed at the incredibly GORGEOUS weather we had while there. One night, I sat on Jacob's Aunt Kathy's porch in Alpine and read my book. The Wasatch Mountains were completely spread out in front of me and the air was amazingly cool for June. I found myself thinking, "Now, why was it again I wanted to leave this place???"

2 comments:

  1. just come back and live here again, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Look at all those people I know! Did Mandy or Tiffany go?

    ReplyDelete