Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference Weekend

I was determined that we'd get to enjoy a bit more of Conference this time. In order to do that we tried a few ideas from friends:
Running our kids around the neighborhood before sessions - biking, walks, tag, etc.
A list for Luke to make "checkmarks" on when he heard certain words. (He loves checkmarks! Ha!)
and the boys favorite:
A bowl of "Jellies" (jellybeans) for the boys. When they heard the word "Jesus" - they could get one.
Even Miles got into it. "Me heard Geesus Mommy!"-  running for the bowl.



Nana B and Grandpa Chris sent us an Easter package with an egg decorating kit in it. Luke INSISTED on doing it this weekend,  even though I explained that Easter is weeks away. 
It was a great activity in between sessions.
Thanks, guys!









We also enjoyed some laid back Conference food:
Frozen pizza and Homemade cinnamon rolls


Yum!

2 comments:

  1. It sounded like you guys had such a fun conference weekend! i wish I could have done it all over again without sick babies. We got a package too with stuff in it, but I didn't let Henry do it yet, but I probably should since we're moving so soon after Easter comes. Oh, you have to try brown eggs this year with the old school pellet dyes. Did you ever see my food blog like a year or two ago with the photos of my dyed brown eggs? The colors are so earthy and rich, way better than white eggs. Let me know how yours turn out if you do it. I'm glad to see things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it for you. It was two year ago and took me five minutes of scrolling to find it!http://hohlfoods.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-treats.html

    Have fun! BTW, we'll be homeless from May 4th until July 7th and we'll be in CT for the month of June, so maybe we can work out a time for Henry to come down, plus we'll be so much closer to drop him off from there. What do you have going on in June?

    ReplyDelete