Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Birthday Done Right! (By Jacob)

It all started at 4:53 am. The sound of the freight train horns woke me up about 30 mins before my scheduled alarm.  No harm in that. I laid in bed for a moment as I realized, it was now my birthday!

I got up and headed to the gym.  The work out was a good one, with two major achievements in adding more weight to some of my exercises.
2 new records

I've been working out in the morning for over one and a half years.  Yes, it is true that I call the gym my "happy place."

I came home to my family getting ready to make me a special breakfast and sing me Happy Birthday.  It was a wonderful way to start the day.

2014 Family "Selfie" 


Now that "selfie"has been declared the word of the year for 2013, I thought we would take a family "selfie."  We had to squeeze around the high chair.
 I would say this is one of my favorite family photos to date!

The family surprised me with a great gift.  A NERF GUN! Need I say more?



Even Google wished me a happy birthday!!!



The day ended with Kami leaving the 4 boys on their own as she went with the church youth to a service project.  So what do 4 boys do when no Kami is around?????!!!!!

We had a Nerf gun fight!  We also went to the park and placed our first Geocache!!  If you have never heard of geocaching, check it out!!  
Once we got home, we read another chapter of "The Return of the Indian." By Lynne Reid Banks

Geocaching!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment