Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Last Day Celebration

Last Day Celebration

Friday the 13th was a crazy day on several levels.  It was Luke's last day at school.  The last day of 2nd grade and the last day he will ever go to Jenkintown Elementary School.  This is pretty sad for us all - Kami cried a little dropping him off. We are so grateful for his amazing school and teachers and this AWESOME community!
Below is a very handsome photo of him on his last day.


Once Luke was out the door and Kami was home, I headed to my last day at Comcast.  I captured pictures along the way in an effort to remember my commute to work.  Below is a shot of Jenkintown Train station. This is where I catch the train to go into the city.


If I get to the train station early, I walk behind the station to the little bridge over a small creek.  It is either this view or standing with a whole bunch of other people next to the train tracks.  I almost always chose this view.


I was a bit late, so I was surprised to see another one of the regular commuters on my train.  I snapped this photo of him playing a game on his ipad. 


I don't usually stop at the Market East station, but on my last day I wanted to grab a delicious apple fritter from the Amish donut shop at Reading Terminal (Beiler's).  So I got off at Market East.  Below is a photo from the 2nd floor of the train station looking down at the platform, if you look at the wall you will see that it is a mosaic of the famous Fairmont park in Philadelphia.


When I get off at Market East, I have a few blocks to walk as I enjoy my delicious apple fritter.  This shot shows you what Philly looks like in the morning.  The clouds are covering the top of the Comcast Center which is the tall silver building in the middle of the picture.


Currently, this next photo is my favorite.  I snapped it from a different angle then the typical shot at Love Park.  Most people take it from the other direction so you can read the Love.  In the left of the picture is city hall.  


What you will experience next is the small alley way that I go down to walk to the Comcast Center from Love Park.


I won't be needing an elevator where I'm headed next so I captured the view of this shiny door, buttons and screen.


Here is the "command center."  All my friends call it the command center due to how high I have the monitors and how tall my seat is positioned.  



I was able to grab lunch with one of my role models at Comcast.  We went to this park that is a hidden gem in Philly and is a special spot for me.  Now, it is even more special for it being the spot of my last lunch working in Philly.  It was wonderful to spend that Lunch with such a great role model and hero of mine.

I walked over to Reading terminal to catch up with the family. The Elems came to visit and wanted to visit some hot spots in Philly before we moved. They ate at the Terminal (Hershel's Reubens, Beiler's donuts, Lancaster county 100% juice and Millers Twist pretzels, to be exact!)
Then they went to Old City and caught a tour of Congress Hall 
(where George Washington passed on the presidency to John Adams).



The day ended with a full moon (a "Honey moon!") and a great date with my wife, 4 friends, Lindsey & Reid at the Mann center. A Willie Nelson & Allison Krauss concert! The highlight of the evening was dancing in the grass with Kami and the Elems under the full moon - as Willie sang "Georgia" while looking at the Philly skyline. A memorable moment for sure. 


I will never look at Friday the 13th the same again.


No comments:

Post a Comment