Monday, August 17, 2009

Disney World

My aunt Kelli decided to fly down and visit us this month. (Hooray! She was our one and only visitor this summer!) She planned her trip around her birthday, because Disney has a deal this year that you get in FREE on your special day. I found out about a deal where you go and listen to this presentation about some resort time share and you get a five dollar ticket to Disney. (That's right. I said $5.oo!) So, Kelli was nice enough to do the dumb tour for me (You have to be 30 yrs old to qualify. Seriously, what is that about? Am I not an adult yet because I'm only 29? Whatever. I was happy to not have to sit through it!)


We have arrived! Yippee!
Oh, did I mention that I had NO children with me?
Yeah. It sounds like cruel and unusual deprivation to NOT take my kids with me to Disney World, HOWEVER - I only felt bad for the first three hours. After that, I was so grateful to not be dragging my baby around in the ridiculous heat, standing with them in lines, trying to nurse and do nap time for Miles, feeling like I had to keep them there till midnight to make sure we got our money's worth, etc. Someday, boys! Someday! Instead, they got a fun day alone with Daddy!

(Please excuse my athletic attire. Remember how I mentioned the RIDICULOUS heat? Yeah. Since we discovered my allergy to heat when I was younger, I try not to take chances when I can help it. Am I joking? No. I really am "allergic" to heat! I get a horrible heat rash - and sometimes worse side effects than that - because my body doesn't cool itself properly. Yay for me.)


Our fist stop was the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Love Roz!


Next was Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure.
(Yeah, I felt bad that Luke wasn't with me on this one. He would have LOVED it!)

Kelli jamming on the Motor Speedway.


Our two favorite rides of the day? Naturally, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. (We did these twice with Fast Pass! Our new best friend!) Sadly, Space Mountain was being renovated this summer! Boo! (Yeah, that's a picture of the photo screen after the ride. Like I was going to buy the picture! NO.)


I LOVED the new Tiki Room! Not the boring old show it used to be. Iago and Zazu made some fabulous improvements with their "new management" of the place.


This was also updated and Captain Jack Sparrow TOTALLY looked like Johnny Depp! Cool!


Pirate Kami's treasure chest!


Cannot miss the Jungle Boat Tour. Our tour guide was hilarious.

Another new addition to the Magic Kingdom was Mickey's Toontown Fair. An entire section devoted to all the classic characters we all know and love - and geared towards little kids. (Luke, sniff!) We loved touring Minnie's house (above) and Mickey's place.


AT LAST! We got to see Mickey & Minnie! The day would not be compelte otherwise!

A stop at Liberty Square after the Haunted Mansion. I'm holding up a five for my $5.00 ticket and Kelli and zero for her free one! We were a little bit stoked about our DEAL of a day!


Cinderella's Castle at night. Man I love this place!


I also LOVE the mosaic artwork inside the castle!
An AWESOME day!

3 comments:

  1. Seriously a GREAT deal! so fun. I can't wait for our trip! OH, and I have a friend here that's allergic to the cold. Funny, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you girls look hott! not hot. im glad you didnt have an allergic reaction to the weather kami, you freak of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true. i am a freak of nature. i do not deny it. . .i embrace it!

    ReplyDelete