Friday, August 14, 2009

Kelli's Visits to Sea World

Aunt Kelli's week visiting us was packed with FUN!
Of course, a visit with us wouldn't be complete without a trip (or THREE) to Sea World!
We always intended on going two days, but the third became necessary after our first day's adventures.

We got to Sea World in the scorching, HIGH humidity heat of the afternoon. I pulled the stroller out of the trunk and opened it. I was about to put Miles in it, but decided at the last minute to shake the baby blanket that had been left in there from the day before at the pool. GOOD THING I DID! When I moved the blanket, I found literally HUNDREDS of tiny spiders swarming underneath!!!! Eeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!! I H-A-T-E spiders!
They were NOT there the day before, because I had just put that blanket in there. I don't know if a spiders nest fell in there at the pool or what, but I was screaming. Oh yeah.
SO! We spent the next 40 min taking apart the stroller and trying to get rid of the spiders that were running all over the stroller by this point. Sick. All this on the black pavement in 100 degree weather. We were SO HOT before our day even began.

Not only that - but after about an hour and a half in the park, the scorching day turned into the BIGGEST DOWNPOUR I have ever been in! We stood, drenched, for an entire hour under a tiny cover while lightening and thunder crashed around us. It was SO close it even scared me a little!


My personal favorites were the dolphins. So playful and fun!

Luke loved them too! I mean, what other animal loves basketball as much as he does?



Shamu! Shamu!



I had to include this picture, because it's the first time we've caught on camera Miles' OBSESSION: Biting any bit of skin he can! I know he's teething, but it's a little crazy how all he wants to "teethe" on is skin - usually mine! Ouch!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha i am not one bit surprised you guys went to sea world 3 times....

    ReplyDelete